Designed for those of all abilities
Our trail running camp is designed for those of all abilities. Be this new to trail running, looking to build endurance for longer trail running events like Ultras or multi day events, or for those just wanting to run and explore somewhere new!
Lead by experienced ultra-runner Lee Kemp, the camp is for anyone who wants to develop their trail running technique and help build a mindset to improve you overall running performance.
Coaching sessions will take place on a variety of tracks and trails with the stunning backdrop of the High Atlas Mountains. Due to the proximity of this camp, you may also benefit from high-altitude training. This camp is ideal for individuals, as well as friends or couples. All abilities are welcome.
Next Available Dates: 28th March – 1st April 2019
Day 1; Arrive in Marrakech and transfer to our accommodation where you can change and you will be able to go for a jog/stretching session near the hotel.
Day 2; Travel to the High Atlas Mountains where you will enjoy a run through the splendour of the Toubkal National Park (approx. 10 km), back to the hotel for a freshen up and then a presentation by Lee Kemp (GB Trail Runner).
Day 3; Run to Agouni and around the slopes of Adrar Takerkhort (approx. 15km) then back to the accommodation for a hammam and dinner.
Day 4; Run to Tassa Ouirgane and onwards to the Tizi n Techt Pass, descend to Imi Ourhlad (approx. 15km). We will then be collected by minibus and transferred back to Marrakech where we will be able to explore the Souks and other local attractions. Last night in the hotel/riad and dinner in the evening.
Day 5; Transfer to the airport for departure home.
*Please bear in mind that the itinerary may change slightly due to weather conditions in the area and the speed/distances of the runs.
Suggested Running Kit list for MARRAKESH TRAINING CAMP & HOLIDAY
The following is a list of suggested kit, it’s not exhaustive and you may feel you want to bring other items particularly non-running clothes. If you are unsure about any item of equipment, please do ask us about it. It is wise to have run in all your basic kit before your holiday – particularly your running shoes.
We carry basic first aid kits; with more extensive kits available in vehicles used at water stops.
- Two pairs of running shoes – in case one pair gets wet you have another while the other dries out. If you are taking part in a trail holiday, we’d suggest that at least one pair of these are trail running shoes.
- Lightweight wicking running tops – at least two
- Long-sleeved running top – for cool evenings and relaxation time
- Running shorts – at least two pairs
- Running socks and underwear – as many sets as you think you will comfortably need
- Waterproof jacket or similar with sleeves – lightweight, you probably will not need, but is a good item for extra warmth too if needed
- Back pack or running belt with minimum 1.5l fluid holding capacity – we top up with water every 10km or so on longer runs.
- Toiletries, including sunscreen and lip salve – there is a small shop in the village (in case you need to top up). However, we suggest bringing sunscreen of an adequate factor for your skin type.
- Cap and/ or buff
- Dirhams – for extra purchases, café visits etc you can change your money from pounds sterling into Dirhams at the airport or in Marrakech
- Mobile phone in a plastic bag – we’re sure you’ll want to take some photographs of the scenery. The plastic bag is to protect your phone from sweat damage.
- Phone charger and adapter
- Salt Tablets / Electrolytes – bring whatever you usually use. We have limited stocks available, but to avoid any gastro issues it’s best to use the brand you are used to.
- Non-running clothes – at least one outfit to wear when you are not running. We’d also suggest a warmer fleece/ jacket. Temperatures can feel cooler in the evenings after a hot day in the sunshine.
- Transfers to and from Airport and High Alas
- Moroccan Guide/Running Guide
- Full board in the mountains
- Accommodation (twin or double)
What’s not included:
- International Flights
- Tips for guiding team and transport drivers
- Meals in Marrakech
- Any Entrance Fees
All items on our suggested kit list can be purchased from Trek Hire UK.
£400.00 per person (flights not included), a £150.00 non-refundable deposit will be required, and full trip notes will be provided when booking your place.